Analytic Moments for GARCH processes

Discussion of Pricing, hedging and Trading Financial Instruments
Forum rules
DISCLAIMER: We do not warrant or represent that this forum or its content is free of viruses, worms or other code that might be contaminating or destructive. We cannot guarantee that documents or files downloaded from the Site will be free from viruses and we do not accept any responsibility for any damage or loss caused by any virus. Accordingly, for your own protection, you must use virus-checking software when using the forum. You must not post or provide to us via the forum, any document or file which you believe may contain a virus. You must virus check any document or file which you intend to post or provide to us via the forum. You must ensure that any document or file you intend to post to the forum does not contravene any applicable laws or contravene any person's legal rights. We do not accept any responsibility for any damage or loss you may suffer.
jaduwel

Analytic Moments for GARCH processes

Postby jaduwel » Thu May 01, 2014 3:16 pm

Hi Carol, Others,

Firstly, Carol, I wanted to mention that I always credit you as the first author that really allowed me to first grasp some of the most important financial risk topics. I respect your work and truly appreciate your attention to continued understanding and clarification (i.e. this blog).

Anyway, this might be a longshot, but, as you know, there are some pretty heavy-duty equations associated with analytic estimation of GARCH-type process moments. (I think that you mentioned that your colleague Silvia was at the forefront of some of these equations). My question is this: Is there any existing computer code anywhere that would save me the time of coding these equations myself? I am so desperate, I will take any language, but I suspect that Ox or c++ might be out there somewhere (which would be fantastic).

Regardless, thank you for taking the time to consider this request.

Take care, Jeff

coalexander

Re: Analytic Moments for GARCH processes

Postby coalexander » Fri May 02, 2014 5:53 pm

Try asking Silvia Stanescu -- she's at Kent...sorry for being away so much this last year, my Job at Sussex is exhausting!

jaduwel

Postby jaduwel » Fri May 02, 2014 6:53 pm

Thank you, Carol! I totally understand about your job -- frankly, I am not sure how you do it all, so it makes your quick response even more appreciated. Take care, Jeff

coalexander

Postby coalexander » Fri May 02, 2014 9:05 pm

I like mentoring more than anything else but have been taken away from it since returning to Sussex...but will resume asap, hopefully within a year. Thanks for your very kind words! Carol

Return to “Volume III”