Using PCA to fill in missing data

Discussion on Quantitative Methods in Finance
Forum rules
DISCLAIMER: We do not warrant or represent that this forum or its content is free of viruses, worms or other code that might be contaminating or destructive. We cannot guarantee that documents or files downloaded from the Site will be free from viruses and we do not accept any responsibility for any damage or loss caused by any virus. Accordingly, for your own protection, you must use virus-checking software when using the forum. You must not post or provide to us via the forum, any document or file which you believe may contain a virus. You must virus check any document or file which you intend to post or provide to us via the forum. You must ensure that any document or file you intend to post to the forum does not contravene any applicable laws or contravene any person's legal rights. We do not accept any responsibility for any damage or loss you may suffer.
DrReliability

Using PCA to fill in missing data

Postby DrReliability » Thu Feb 10, 2011 5:19 pm

Hi Carol,
I remembered reading in your book, vol 1, that PCA can be used to fill in missing data. However, it was not illustrated with examples. Can you point me to some resources how it can be used for that purpose and if there may be an example (e.g. using Excel) somewhere that I can see a demonstration of the application. Thank you very much.

coalexander

Re: Using PCA to fill in missing data

Postby coalexander » Thu Feb 10, 2011 8:08 pm

Hi

I have had a few questions about this - wish I had included it in Vol I. It is in Market Models, with a spreadsheet. I'll try to see if I can post a doc and excel on this forum, 'cos most people won;t have Market Models (its 10 years old)...hang on, C x

coalexander

Postby coalexander » Thu Feb 10, 2011 8:34 pm

Sorry, the Excel is not interactive...but the word doc at least explains the idea. Carol

c0ldlimit

Postby c0ldlimit » Thu Oct 25, 2012 4:44 pm

Hi Carol!

How can I find this attachement (word doc)? It does not seem to be displayed in your post.

Thank you!

Return to “Volume I”